Tandy Leather to Reopen La. Store
Tandy Leather Factory (TLF) will reopen its Metarie, La., Leather Factory wholesale distribution center Saturday.
The suburban New Orleans store has been closed since Aug. 29, before Hurricane Katrina hit. The Fort Worth, Texas, retailer said the store sustained no water or wind damage but was burglarized, with some inventory and $200 cash from the register taken.
"Our New Orleans store was closed for 29 business days. However, we are fortunate that the store itself and most of the inventory there was not damaged or vandalized," said CEO Wray Thompson. "More importantly, our employees are safe, despite the enormous loss throughout the area, and are anxious to get back to some sense of normalcy."
Tandy also said its two Houston stores are in good shape and reopened Sept. 26 after losing three business days last week to Hurricane Rita.On Friday, Tandy fell a nickel to $4.87.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV