Can't Use Rearview Mirror on ETFs
I can't be sure that will actually happen, but it does speak to the trend. A better piece of information for gaining perspective is that per capita use of oil in the U.S. is about 25 barrels per year. In China and India, per capita use is less than one barrel per year. The increased demand that would be generated by per capita use in China and India increasing to just 1.5 barrels would, in my opinion, push the price of oil higher and provide substantial benefit to Canada.
My analysis may turn out to be right or wrong, but I believe my forward view is more useful than what is offered in too many ETF reports now.
Please note that due to factors including low market capitalization and/or insufficient public float, we consider iShares Canada, iShares Sweden and iShares Belgium to be small-cap stocks. You should be aware that such stocks are subject to more risk than stocks of larger companies, including greater volatility, lower liquidity and less publicly available information, and that postings such as this one can have an effect on their stock prices.
P.S. from TheStreet.com Editor-in-Chief, Dave Morrow:
It's always been my opinion that it pays to have more -- not fewer -- expert market views and analyses when you're making investing or trading decisions. That's why I recommend you take advantage of our free trial offer to TheStreet.com RealMoney premium Web site, where you'll get in-depth commentary and money-making strategies from over 50 Wall Street pros, including Jim Cramer. Take my advice -- try it now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV