Price Hike Powers Shares of MEMC
MEMC Electronic Materials (WFR) may be providing a model for companies hit by rising commodity prices -- control your own supply chain.
Shares of the silicon-wafer manufacturer jumped again this week to sit at just under $20 -- a five-year high -- as investors see good things from rising silicon prices.
While MEMC makes wafers, it also makes its own polysilicon, the central building block of semiconductor chips and the main ingredient used to make the wafers used to build microchips for electronics gear.
Polysilicon has become scarce due to capacity constraints and
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV