Todd Gets Icebreaker Deal
Todd Shipyards (TOD) got a $7.2 million ship repair deal from the Coast Guard.
The Seattle-based ship maintainer said the contract modification covers repairs and alterations performed on the icebreaker USCG Polar Sea. The option provides for the alteration and repair of the ship's systems, engines and shipboard equipment.
The work will take place at Todd Pacific's shipyard in Seattle and is expected to be completed in February 2006.
The news comes on the same day that Todd's audit committee dismissed Ernst & Young as its auditor and hired Grant Thornton for the year ending April 2. Todd didn't provide an explanation but said it didn't have any unresolved accounting disagreements for its two most recent fiscal years.Todd was flat Thursday at $18.50.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV