Linens 'n Things May Go on the Block
Linens 'n Things (LIN) may be looking for a buyer, and the company has hired an adviser to help it explore its options, according to a published report.
The Financial Times said the Clifton, N.J., seller of towels, pillows and wine racks has brought in Credit Suisse First Boston to get recommendations on its future strategy.
Possible buyers could include investment groups Apollo Management, Bain Capital and Yucaipa, the report indicated.
Shares of Linens 'n Things were lately up $1.98, or 7.6%, at $27.92, after trading as high as $29.60 Wednesday. The 52-week range for the stock is $21.10 to $28.91.Linens 'n Things, founded in 1975, operates more than 500 stores in the U.S. and Canada.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV