Twin Disc Gets Transmission Deal
Twin Disc (TWIN) was awarded a $6.9 million contract to supply transmissions for the U.S. Army's M88A2 Hercules combat recovery vehicle.
The M88A2 is a full-tracked armored vehicle used to perform battlefield rescue and recovery of heavy tanks and other combat vehicles.
The order is for XT1410 transmissions and is expected to be completed by June 30, 2007. Work will be performed at the company's Racine, Wis., facilities. This contract is not part of a previously announced contract to supply the U.S. Army for the same transmission.
"We are pleased with this order as we continue to help supply the U.S. Army with powerful transmission products for critical recovery and rescue operations," CEO Michael E. Batten said.On Wednesday, Twin Disc shares fell 67 cents to $34.99.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV