'RealMoney' Radio Recap: Katrina Plays
A caller asked if Todco (THE) had suffered much damage in Hurricane Katrina. Cramer said Todco is presenting Wednesday at a Lehman Brothers energy and power conference. Cramer recommended not making a move in Todco's stock until you hear what the company has to say.
In response to a question about 7-Eleven (SE), Cramer said he would "ring the register."
Cramer also commented on Clorox (CLX) as a possible Hurricane cleanup play. Cramer said he liked Clorox but not for the hurricane cleanup. Although Clorox may spike short term, Cramer likes Clorox long term as a play on a slowing economy.
Finally, in response to a question on Halliburton (HAL), Cramer said oil service stocks like Halliburton were not doing well. But, unlike other oil service stocks, Halliburton has a construction business, which should benefit from the hurricane rebuilding effort. However, Cramer recently sold some of his Halliburton holdings because the stock has had a big run.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV