Gravity Rises on Kim Sale
Gravity (GRVY) surged 21% after controlling shareholder Jung Ryool Kim sold his 52% stake and set plans to quit as a director.
Gravity said the sale covered shares owned by Kim and his children, Jung Ryool Kim, Ji Young Kim, Young Joon Kim and Ji Yoon Kim. The buyers were Ezer and Techno Groove of Japan, a pair of technology ventures controlled by Nichiei Ryu and Taizo and Masayoshi Son.
The buyers said in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing that they might seek to increase their stake but said they wouldn't pay more than the $7.10 an American depositary share they forked over in the initial transaction. The buyers also said they might seek to delist the stock or sell Gravity's assets to a company they control, depending on market conditions and circumstances.
"We expect this sale to result in a change of control in us," the Seoul-based online gaming company said. Its shares rose $1.51 to $8.61.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV