Optelecom Wins S.C. Traffic Gear Job
Optelecom-NKF (OPTC) got a $1 million video security and traffic control gear order for South Carolina.
The Germantown, Md., maker of video transmission systems said the contract came from a system integrator whose name it didn't provide. The contract is renewable for four additional years and could, potentially, generate about $1 million each year it is in force, Optelecom said.
"We are pleased to have been selected by a key integrator to provide a comprehensive range of equipment and systems for use in South Carolina DOT projects across the state," said CEO Edmund Ludwig. "Our technology was subjected to intense scrutiny against tough competitors. As I've said before, the secret to our success is straightforward: we design, manufacture, and sell superior technologies that provide great value to our customers. All of the Optelecom-NKF team is working hard to make our equipment and solutions the de facto standard against which all others are judged."
On Wednesday, Optelecom shares fell 23 cents to $13.50.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV