Dell Prices In Pain
The price pressures Dell (DELL) is feeling in its markets are about to show up in its stock.
Shares of the No. 1 PC maker were 8% lower Friday, dragging down much of the technology space, after the company slightly missed Wall Street's second-quarter sales target and offered third-quarter targets below expectations.
Dell said price pressures hurt the second quarter, but the Round Rock, Texas-based company also claimed to gain market share.
"Our strategy is unchanged, and we believe it is the right one for current industry dynamics," said CEO Kevin Rollins during a post-release conference call. He acknowledged pricing pressure on low-end consumer products and sluggish spending by the U.S. federal government."I don't think the competitive environment has changed a lot," Rollins said. "The lower
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV