Nine Long-Shot Stocks That Could Double
At this time of the year, when lying on the beach on vacation makes for lazy daydreams, it's not uncommon to consider the possibility of hitting it big in stocks.
If you've been investing for a while, you realize this is not the same as trying to hit a lottery jackpot. The lottery is about luck. A big stock market win, instead, would combine a little study with foresight, courage and a dash of bravado. Sure, your $10,000 wager on a few low-priced names could blow up and leave you with nothing. But what if your idea actually worked out and you had an extra 10 grand in your brokerage account in 12 months?
Normally it's my job to warn you away from reckless speculation. But just this once I'll be the enabler of your bad conscience. Let's throw caution to the wind and think about what kinds of stocks have the potential to go up 100%, 300% or even more over the next year.
Three Categories of DoublesThere are at least three types of stocks that could double in the next year:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV