Homestore Soars on Earnings
Shares of Homestore (HOMS) surged Friday after the company reported a strong second quarter.
The online real estate service earned $3.3 million, or 2 cents a share, in the quarter, compared with a loss of $4.3 million, or 3 cents a share, last year. The latest quarter included a litigation expense of $4.2 million partially offset by a $1.4 million reduction in a previous restructuring charge.
Revenue rose 16% from a year ago to $63.3 million.
Analysts had been expecting a loss of 2 cents a share in the most recent quarter."Our past investments in our Realtor.com and Top Producer businesses continue to deliver increasingly positive returns, reinforcing our belief that the investments we are currently making in other areas of the company will create long-term value," the company said in a release. Homestore was up $1, or 39%, to $3.56 Friday morning.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV