Univision Heads South
Univision (UVN) slipped 6% after the Spanish-language broadcaster missed second-quarter targets.
The Los Angeles company made $36 million, or 10 cents a share, down from year-ago $80 million, or 23 cents a share. Latest-quarter numbers included a 14-cent charge on a change in the value of its holdings of affiliate Entravision (EVC). Excluding that charge, latest-quarter earnings missed the Thomson First Call analyst consensus estimate by a penny.
Revenue rose 3% from a year ago to $508 million, missing the $523 million Thomson First Call estimate.
Univision also guided toward a third-quarter profit of 21-22 cents a share on a low-single-digit percentage gain on the top line. Analysts were expecting 24 cents on 7.5% revenue growth."Even though our revenues in the second and third quarters are facing difficult comparisons from our performance last year and an overall soft television advertising market, we expect our upfront success, coupled with our continued ratings momentum, to drive improved revenue growth in the fourth quarter and beyond," operating chief Ray Rodriguez said. Late Thursday, Univision dropped $1.68 to $27.54.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV