PetroChina Gets Noticed, Needs Break
This column was originally published on RealMoney on Aug. 2 at 8:59 a.m. EDT. It's being republished as a bonus for TheStreet.com readers.
Some are opposed to it; some are for it. It's turned into a national debate, and not just on Wall Street.
And while everyone is so focused on this aspect of China and oil, they have largely missed the monster move in PetroChina (PTR).Since early June PetroChina has rallied $30 while Unocal, the one with the bidding war out there, has moved $6. But that's not what I find so amazing. What I find so amazing is that it took a move of that magnitude in PetroChina for the folks on TV to discover it. Yes, suddenly Monday I heard them start chatting about how great this stock has been. Heck, I was feeling poorly about
It's always been my opinion that it pays to have more -- not fewer -- expert market views and analyses when you're making investing or trading decisions. That's why I recommend you take advantage of our free trial offer to TheStreet.com RealMoney premium Web site, where you'll get in-depth commentary and money-making strategies from over 50 Wall Street pros, including Jim Cramer. Take my advice -- try it now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV