American Pharmaceutical Sinks After Hours
American Pharmaceutical Partners (APPX) doesn't expect to get approval for Ceftriaxone for injection in the near term, citing information the drug company received this week from a raw material supplier that was inspected by the Food and Drug Administration.
The company said the development doesn't affect any currently marketed products, and American Pharmaceutical said its previous guidance of 8% to 10% annual growth in its core generic injectable business remains unchanged.
Shareholders were concerned however, sending American Pharmaceutical down $4.85, or 11%, to $40.70 in extended trading.
American Pharmaceutical, of Schaumburg, Ill., develops and markets injectable pharmaceutical products, focusing on the oncology, anti-infective and critical care markets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV