Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Biotech in the Spotlight
Click here for an archive of Cramer's "Mad Money" Recaps.
There is a tug of war for dollars on Wall Street this week. The tug of war is between technology and biotech. Technology won on Monday night. But Tuesday night belonged to biotech.
Motorola CEO TalkMotorola (MOT) reported a great second quarter after the bell on Tuesday night. It reported better-than-expected earnings and sales. But the stock sold off after hours. Cramer talked with CEO Ed Zander about the quarter and about the company's future. Zander outlined a host of products that will continue to keep the momentum going at Motorola. After chatting with Zander, Cramer said that the stock ran up in anticipation of great numbers. Cramer now thinks that the stock might pull back, however. And if it does, he said that he would definitely be a buyer. Cramer also pointed out that Motorola would be meeting with analysts next week to discuss business as well. Finally, if Motorola had reported its numbers by itself on Tuesday -- without Yahoo! (YHOO) and Lucent (LU) also reporting -- the stock would have been up on Tuesday night. Instead, it was down. Cramer believes weakness in Motorola stock is a gift, he said.
The 'Lightning Round'
BullishCramer was bullish on: Gold Kist (GKIS), Schering-Plough (SGP), Homex (HXM), WCI Communities (WCI), Syneron Medical (ELOS), Apache (APA), SCP Pool (POOL), Chicago Mercantile (CME), Expeditors (EXPD), Allscripts Healthcare (MDRX), Titanium Metals (TIE), Orleans Homebuilders (OHB), BRE Properties (BRE), International Paper (IP), Microtune (TUNE), Logitech (LOGI), Novatel (NGPS).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV