Tech Stocks in Motion
Giga-tronics (GIGA) rose 43% after the company said that its subsidiaries received a contract from the Israel Ministry of Defense worth about $2 million. The Ministry of Defense order calls for high-performance synthesizers and VXI slots, which will be used in military communications systems. Shares were trading up $2.04 to $6.75.
Shares of CDW (CDWC) rose 7% after the computer supplier reported second-quarter earnings that topped forecasts. The company earned $67.1 million, or 80 cents a share, on sales of $1.54 billion. Analysts were expecting earnings of 76 cents a share on sales of $1.52 billion. A year ago the company earned $58.3 million, or 67 cents a share, on sales of $1.38 billion. In the most recent period, the company posted average daily sales of about $24.1 million, a jump of 11.3% over last year's average daily sales of $21.6 million. Shares were trading up $4.09 to $60.68.
Other technology movers included Lucent Technologies (LU), down 10 cents to $3.03; Microsoft (MSFT), up 53 cents to $26.08; Intel (INTC), up 40 cents to $28.63; Cisco Systems (CSCO), up 30 cents to $19.95; Oracle (ORCL), down 6 cents to $13.84; Sirius Satellite Radio (SIRI), up 6 cents to $6.90; Yahoo! (YHOO), up 92 cents to $37.50; Applied Materials (AMAT), up 33 cents to $17.55; Apple Computer (AAPL), up $1 to $42.49; Dell (DELL), up 87 cents to $41.51; and Sun Microsystems (SUNW), up 2 cents to $3.71.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV