GuruNet Moving to Nasdaq
GuruNet (GRU) surged 11% Tuesday after the search engine company unveiled plans to list its stock on Nasdaq and change its name to Answers Corp.
The New York-based operator of the Answers.com Web site said the name change is subject to shareholder approval.
"We are proud to be moving to Nasdaq, the premier stock market for technology companies, which reinforces our commitment to shareholder value; we have been pleased with the professionalism of the Amex and thank them for their excellent service," said CEO Robert S. Rosenschein. "In just seven short months, we've put Answers.com on the map. Unifying our ticker, corporation, and flagship product names strengthens our branding, supports our growth strategy, and helps end-users identify the company behind the product."
On Tuesday, GuruNet rose $1.50 to $14.50.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV