GuruNet Moving to Nasdaq
GuruNet (GRU) surged 11% Tuesday after the search engine company unveiled plans to list its stock on Nasdaq and change its name to Answers Corp.
The New York-based operator of the Answers.com Web site said the name change is subject to shareholder approval.
"We are proud to be moving to Nasdaq, the premier stock market for technology companies, which reinforces our commitment to shareholder value; we have been pleased with the professionalism of the Amex and thank them for their excellent service," said CEO Robert S. Rosenschein. "In just seven short months, we've put Answers.com on the map. Unifying our ticker, corporation, and flagship product names strengthens our branding, supports our growth strategy, and helps end-users identify the company behind the product."
On Tuesday, GuruNet rose $1.50 to $14.50.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV