'Real Money' Radio Wrap-Up: Lost in the Supermarket
Focus is at a premium, Jim Cramer said Monday on his "RealMoney" radio show.
Citigroup's (C) earnings "stunk up the joint," Cramer said, because the company has too many moving parts that prevent it from achieving reliable growth. Cramer believes the so-called "financial services supermarket" model, once considered the way to go, is now to be avoided.
"Fees can't be hidden. Regulators are all over firms. Journalists are wise to the game," said Cramer.
Instead of owning an unwieldy amalgamation like Citigroup, said Cramer, the better move is to buy the "best of breed" companies in each of the arenas in which Citibank competes.Breaking it down, that means buying:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV