Tech Stocks in Motion
Shares of B.O.S. Better Online Solutions (BOSC) rose 11% after the company's BOScom unit agreed to sell its PrintBOS business to Consist Technologies. BOScom will receive $500,000 plus a contingency payment in each of the next three years equal to 6% to 10% of future sales from PrintBOS that exceed $1 million a year. During the first quarter, PrintBOS posted sales of about $215,000. Shares were trading up 34 cents to $3.34.
UTStarcom (UTSI) rose 3% after the company said that it recently signed contracts with China Telecom and China Netcom to deploy about 500,000 lines of its AN-2000 IP DSLAM in 18 provinces throughout Mainland China. Shares were trading up 25 cents to $8.80.
Shares of FormFactor (FORM) fell 5% after the company said that its chief operating officer resigned. The maker of semiconductor wafer probe cards said that Jens Meyerhoff left the company so that he could pursue other interests. In an effort to streamline its management structure, the company said that the office of the CEO is assuming the functions of the COO position. Shares were trading down $1.23 to $26.01.
Other technology movers included Lucent Technologies (LU), up 1 cent to $3.13; Intel (INTC), down 21 cents to $28.09; Microsoft (MSFT), down 13 cents to $25.66; Oracle (ORCL), down 8 cents to $13.96; Sirius Satellite Radio (SIRI), up 6 cents to $6.86; Apple Computer (AAPL), up 20 cents to $41.75; Cisco Systems (CSCO), down 17 cents to $19.72; and Sun Microsystems (SUNW), down 4 cents to $3.72.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV