Coming Week: Tech Talk
Traders will have their plates full with earnings reports in the coming week. But they may want to save some room for Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan's remarks from Capitol Hill.
"Even if the strong earnings continue next week, there's a good chance the markets will consolidate from the highs," says Randy Diamond, sales trader at Miller Tabak. "The extent of the decline depends on what Greenspan says next Wednesday about monetary policy."
Diamond believes there is a good chance Greenspan will sound more "hawkish" due to continued evidence of a strong economy and rising leverage risk.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV