More Early Stocks in Motion
JDS Uniphase (JDSU) reaffirmed its earnings guidance for the fourth quarter. The San Jose, Calif.-based technology company expects revenue above the midpoint of the $160 million to $170 million revenue guidance range that was previously issued by the company on April 27. Wall Street's current consensus for the quarter is $165.9 million. The stock was up 7 cents, or 4.29%, to $1.70 in after-hours trading.
Greatbatch (GB) said it now expects second quarter earnings of 21 cents to 23 cents a share, which includes 6 cents a share in certain charges for its previously announced Carson City and Alden plant moves. The company forecast revenue of $63 million. Greatbatch attributes the better-than-expected outlook to strong underlying market conditions in both medical and commercial product lines. Analysts expect a profit of 13 cents a share on revenue of $54.8 million, according to Thomson First Call. The stock was up $2.74, or 11.46%, to $26.65 in after-hours trading.
Apple Computer (AAPL) reported earnings of $320 million, or 37 cents a share, for the third quarter ended June 25, compared with $61 million, or 9 cents a share, a year ago. The company said revenue for the quarter was $3.52 billion. Analysts expected earnings of 31 cents a share on revenue of $3.34 billion, according to Thomson First Call. Looking forward, Apple expects to earn 32 cents a share on sales of $3.5 billion for the current quarter, which is slightly below Wall Street's forecast of 33 cents a share on sales of $3.6 billion. The stock was up 95 cents, or 2.48%, to $39.30 in after-hours trading.
Walgreen (WAG) announced that its board has increased the quarterly dividend by 23.8% to 6.5 cents from 5.25 cents. The annual dividend rate is now 26 cents a share. The new dividend will be payable on Sept. 12 to shareholders of record as of August 19. The stock was unchanged at $47.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV