GE, Canada Investor to Buy Pipeline System
AIG Highstar Capital, a private equity fund sponsored by American International Group (AIG), agreed to sell the Southern Star Central gas pipeline system to GE's (GE) energy financial services unit and Caisse de depot et placement du Quebec, Canada's largest institutional investor.
The purchase price is $362 million, plus the assumption of $467 million in debt and preferred stock.
Southern Star is a regulated company that owns an interstate natural gas pipeline spanning more than 6,000 miles in Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Wyoming, Nebraska, Colorado and Texas. In addition to the pipeline, the system includes 39 compressor stations and eight gas storage fields.
AIG Highstar Capital acquired Southern Star in 2002 from Williams (WMB). Southern Star's management will continue to operate and maintain the pipeline from its Owensboro, Ky., headquarters.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV