Pogo to Buy Unocal Division
The deal will increase Pogo's total proven oil and gas reserves by 45%. In a press release Monday, Pogo said the purchase will add to its earnings, cash flow, production and reserves in 2006 and beyond.
Pogo, based in Houston, will acquire estimated proven reserves totaling 644 billion cubic feet of natural gas equivalent. Northrock's activities are concentrated in Saskatchewan and Alberta, with added exploration areas in Canada's Northwest Territories, British Columbia and the Alberta foothills.
The company plans to finance the Northrock acquisition with its cash on hand, proceeds related to international asset sales, excess capacity under its existing revolving credit facility and capital market transactions. Pogo also plans to continue its stock repurchase program.Shares of Pogo close Friday at $54.78.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV