Zions Snatches Amegy Bancorp
The $1.7 billion deal will pay Amegy holders cash and stock worth about $23.32 a share. The shares closed at $22.98 Tuesday amid rumors of a transaction; they traded below $17 as recently as June 15.
At $6.6 billion, Zions' market capitalization is roughly four times that of Amegy. The bank holding company runs about 400 branches in eight Western states. Amegy, meanwhile, operates about 75 branches around Houston and Dallas.
Zions sees the transaction adding to earnings beginning in 2007.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV