Electronic Arts' CFO Grows Up Again
When he was chief financial officer at Amazon.com (AMZN), many analysts thought Warren Jenson's real job was to be the company's official grown-up. He helped the company successfully navigate the dot-com crash and its transition from money-losing start-up to profitable enterprise.
Now, in his third year as CFO of Electronic Arts (ERTS), Jenson faces a similar task. While EA's management may be more sober on the whole than Amazon's was during the dot-com boom, and its position no way as dire, Jenson's job is to help the company navigate the coming transition to the next-generation of video-game consoles.
The early going hasn't been so good. Earlier this year, the company stumbled badly, posting revenue and sales for its past fiscal year that fell far short of Wall Street's expectations.
But EA is already trying to turn things around. Last year, it signed an exclusive deal with the National Football League in an effort to fend off a challenge from rival Take-Two Interactive (TTWO). And the company plans on making a big bet on the next-generation consoles, including Microsoft's (MSFT) Xbox 360 that will start rolling out later this year.Q: EA seemed to start
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV