Metabasis, Merck Reach R&D Pact
Metabasis Therapeutics (MBRX) and Merck (MRK) agreed to work together to research, develop and commercialize novel small molecule therapeutics with the potential to treat several diseases, including type II diabetes and obesity.
Both companies will offer drug candidates to the collaboration. Merck will make a payment of $5 million and provide Metabasis with funding for its research contribution to the program.
Additionally, Merck will assume the primary responsibility, including financial responsibility, for clinical development and will have the right to market products worldwide.
Metabasis could get added payments throughout the course of the pact. Shares of Metabasis, a biopharmaceutical company, were down 15 cents to $3.04.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV