Health Stocks in Motion
Icoria (ICOR) fell 20.1% after the company said it would be delisted from the Nasdaq SmallCap market on June 30 for failing to meet or exceed Nasdaq's minimum $1 bid price requirement for 180 calendar days. "We have anticipated this decision by the Nasdaq and our board of directors has decided not to appeal or consider options such as a reverse stock split," the company said. Shares of the biotechnology company traded down 6 cents to 23 cents.
Shares of Pfizer (PFE) rose modestly after the company said that it would buy up to $5 billion in stock. The company, which recently completed a $5 billion repurchase plan, said the new buyback plan "capitalizes on Pfizer's financial and operational strength to increase shareholder value." Shares traded up 11 cents to $28.90.
Other health care volume movers included Merck (MRK), down 73 cents to $31.25; Schering-Plough (SGP), up 22 cents to $20.35; Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), down 65 cents to $65.34; Elan (ELN), down 25 cents to $6.68; Amgen (AMGN), down 12 cents to $60.76; Millennium Pharmaceuticals (MLNM), down 7 cents to $9.09; Momenta Pharmaceuticals (MNTA), up $2.82 to $19.50; Guidant (GDT), down 55 cents to $68.60; and Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), down 15 cents to $25.50.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV