Internet Initiative Japan Pulls Stock Offering
U.S. investors certainly didn't like the news from abroad that Internet Initiative Japan (IIJI) delivered Friday.
In a brief statement, the company said it expects to terminate a planned stock offering in Japan and withdraw its listing application to the Tokyo exchange early next week. Internet Initiative said it will seek a domestic listing in Japan at a future date.
The reason appeared to be a lack of interest. The Tokyo-based Internet services provider said that at the end of the subscription period for its proposed Japan offering, fewer than 300 prospective new investors had submitted purchase orders.
As a result, the company won't fulfill the listing requirements of the Mothers Market of the Tokyo Stock Exchange. Shares of Internet Initiative were diving $2.67, or 25%, to $8.03 in premarket trading.TheStreet.com profiled Internet Initiative and
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV