Time to Buy Sirius
This story was originally published on RealMoney on June 29 at 8:23 a.m. EDT.
Boy, how quickly everyone moved from morose to giddy. But that's what one up day in the market -- and one down day in oil -- will do to folks.
Yet, while I'm not trying to be a wet blanket, I am trying to be realistic. And a "realistic" view would say that the oversold condition will not go away immediately, especially as yesterday's move up came on some fairly unimpressive volume. The Nasdaq 100 Trust (QQQQ) chart below doesn't exactly paint a buy-me-now picture.
Of course, maybe this is really the start of something big, and just like the fakeout the bulls received just a few short days ago, the bears could be in for the same sort of "treat." Still, until I see some new highs, or at least some broken downtrend lines, I have to remain skeptical.
Today, the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Sirius Satellite Radio (SIRI), Cerner (CERN), Asta Funding (ASFI), TiVo (TIVO) and Kopin (KOPN).
Charts produced by TC2000, which is a registered trademark of
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV