Tech Stocks in Motion
Updated from 12:40 p.m. EDT
Philips Electronics (PHG) slumped 4% after the maker of flat screen TVs and other consumer goods warned of a soft second quarter. Slack demand, particularly in Europe, is "hampering our growth ambitions in the short term," CEO Gerard Kleisterlee said in a statement Wednesday. U.S. shares in the Amsterdam-based company fell $1.14 to $25.95.
Nvidia (NVDA) traded actively after the company said its PureVideo decoder won approval from TiVo (TIVO) for use with its TiVoToGo feature, which transfers programs from a TiVo digital video recorder to a PC. Wednesday's move comes on top of a 6% drop Tuesday as investors worried about a price cut at Nvidia. Shares of the Santa Clara, Calif., company dropped 8 cents to $26.83.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV