American Superconductor Fires President
American Superconductor (AMSC) fired David Paratore, its president and chief operating officer, after a female employee made sexual harassment allegations.
The company said it would search for a replacement. CEO Greg Yurek will take over Paratore's duties in the meantime. The termination takes effect June 28 under the terms of Paratore's employment contract, American Superconductor said.
The news comes on the heels of a wild run-up in shares of the Westborough, Mass., power converter company. Shares of American Superconductor surged 24% in regular trading Monday after Needham & Co. upgraded the stock, reasoning that a recent selloff wasn't warranted by developments at the company.
After rising $1.82 to $9.45 in regular action, the stock dropped 3 cents in postclose trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV