Blitzstrom Lights Up DayStar Again
DayStar Technologies (DSTI) surged 24% Monday as trading continued to heat up in the small-cap company several days after a sales deal.
DayStar said Thursday it sold some TerraFoil solar cells to Blitzstrom of Germany. The news sent the stock up from $6.88 at the close Wednesday to $13.55 in midafternoon action Monday. Volume was heavy, with 4.3 million shares changing hands Monday against a three-month daily average of 337,000, according to Yahoo! Finance.
DayStar, of HalfMoon, N.Y., said the companies will collaborate on marketing efforts and explore development opportunities for its so-called Photovoltaic Foil product line.
Terms weren't disclosed, though DayStar said the deal is "contingent on DayStar's ramp-up of its production capacity" and "calls for monthly delivery of TerraFoil escalating in volume through the end of 2008 with price based on a variable market-competitive pricing mechanism."DayStar surged $2.50 to $13 Monday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV