Tech Stocks in Motion
On Monday, Nokia (NOK) signed an agreement to expand a digital network for Total Access Communications, a Thailand mobile service provider. The two-year contract extension, worth about $212 million, calls for Nokia to deliver its Edge-enabled UltraSite base stations as well as its NetAct network and services management system. Nokia has worked with Total Access since the early 1990s and has served as the mobile service provider's sole network supplier since October 2003. Nokia traded down 4 cents to $17.04.
Shares of Gateway (GTW) rose slightly after the company announced the retirement of its chief financial officer. Gateway said that Rod Sherwood, who joined Gateway in October 2002, would leave the company later this year. Gateway said Sherwood has no immediate plans after he leaves the company. Sherwood said he made the announcement so that Gateway would have plenty of time to find a well-qualified successor. Sherwood will participate in the selection process for his replacement and stay with the company during the transition period. Shares traded up 1 cent to $3.29.
Other technology movers included Sun Microsystems (SUNW), down 4 cents to $3.62; Intel (INTC), down 16 cents to $27.17; Cisco Systems (CSCO), down 2 cents to $19.38; Microsoft (MSFT), down 6 cents to $25.37; Lucent Technologies (LU), down 5 cents to $2.79; Oracle (ORCL), up 6 cents to $12.65; Apple Computer (AAPL), down 32 cents to $37.92; Applied Materials (AMAT), down 5 cents to $16.82; Google (GOOG), up $10.68 to $290.94; Sirius Satellite Radio (SIRI), down 11 cents to $5.89; and eBay (EBAY), up 84 cents to $38.64.$6.34.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV