Sound Bites Those Who Heed Them
Dress Barn (DBRN), an evolving apparel retailer, has enhanced its fashion content and beefed up its marketing efforts. Comparable same-store growth is accelerating and with the acquisition of Maurice's the company has added another complementary brand to the fold. I expect improving comps and healthy accretion from the deal to drive valuation ratios higher than the current levels of 11 times projected cash earnings.
WebMethods (WEBM) is a newer name to the portfolio as well. This small-cap company has a leading position in the enterprise application integration software and services business. The enterprise software business seems to be improving after an ugly March quarter and WebMethods has a major product upgrade cycle ahead. With 60% of the stock value in net cash, the software business is priced extremely cheaply at 80% of revenue. If the new product cycle and accelerating growth in licensing revenue does not lead to acceptable profitability, another software management team might give it a try.
Finally, my leading "value concept" stock remains
Please note that due to factors including low market capitalization and/or insufficient public float, we consider Applie Neurosolutions and Webmethods to be small-cap stocks. You should be aware that such stocks are subject to more risk than stocks of larger companies, including greater volatility, lower liquidity and less publicly available information, and that postings such as this one can have an effect on their stock prices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV