Xbox Chief Talks Up Games Mass Appeal
Q: Sony's planning on launching their PlayStation 3 around six months after the Xbox 360 launches. They've gotten some rave reviews for their new device. Have they stolen some of the 360's thunder?
I don't worry about great visuals that they showed that weren't actually running on real hardware. It doesn't matter. Gamers don't make their purchase decisions based on movies that were shown in May for products that come out in March. They just don't.
Q: When the original Xbox came out, Microsoft showed off what you could do with off-the-shelf, PC hardware. In contrast, you're going with customized hardware this time around. Why the change in direction?
Part of it was the necessity of getting to market quickly, we had to go off-the-shelf. There wasn't an alternative. You can't build a game console with highly customized silicon components with
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV