Tech Stocks in Motion
XM Satellite Radio (XMSR) rose 0.2% after the company said it surpassed the 4 million-subscriber mark. XM Satellite said it added its most recent 1 million subscribers in less than five months. It took the company 23 months to reach its first 1 million subscribers, eight months to reach the 2 million mark and six months to reach 3 million. The company reiterated its year-end goal of 5.5 million subscribers. Shares traded up 6 cents to $28.32.
Shares of Hyperion (HYSL) rose 0.2% after the company announced a $125 million stock-repurchase plan. The software company said it would use existing cash and short-term investments to fund the repurchase plan. There is no fixed termination date for the buyback plan, the company said. Since July 2003, Hyperion's board has authorized buyback plans totaling $200 million. Its most recent buyback plan, a $75 million repurchase plan announced in May 2004, has largely been completed, Hyperion said. Shares traded down 6 cents to $41.19.
Other technology movers included Cisco Systems (CSCO), up 20 cents to $19.09; Microsoft (MSFT), up 27 cents to $25.49; Intel (INTC), up 21 cents to $25.33; Oracle (ORCL), down 1 cent to $12.35; Lucent Technologies (LU), up 6 cents to $2.86; Sirius Satellite (SIRI), up 13 cents to $5.48; Sun Microsystems (SUNW), up 2 cents to $3.96; and Dell (DELL), up 2 cents to $39.35.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV