Kevin Burke Named CEO of Consolidated Edison
New York utility Consolidated Edison (ED) named Kevin Burke chief executive, effective Sept. 1.
Burke, who holds a law doctorate from Fordham, was appointed president and chief operating officer in September 2000. The current CEO, Eugene McGrath, will remain chairman.
"Kevin Burke is a very talented person who has extensive experience at Con Edison and in the utility industry," the company said. "Kevin will lead the company forward in the 21st century as it continues to deliver value for our customers, our investors and our strategic partners."
Burke is 54 years old.McGrath joined the company in 1963 and has served as chairman and CEO since 1990.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV