Telik Says Telcyta Data Positive
Telik (TELK) reported positive interim data from an early-stage study evaluating its Telcyta in combination with chemotherapy in treating advanced non-small-cell lung cancer.
The company, reporting the results at the annual meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, said that in the trial a 62% objective response rate, including one complete response and seven partial responses, and a disease stabilization rate of 92% were observed among the patients who could be evaluated.
At the time of analysis, all 13 patients in the Phase I stage of the trial could be evaluated for safety and efficacy. Four dose levels of Telcyta were studied (400-, 500-, 750- and 1,000-milligram), along with standard doses of the chemo drugs carboplatin and paclitaxel administered every three weeks.
Responses were accompanied by improvement in clinical symptoms and performance status, Telik said. Objective responses were observed in both squamous cell and adenocarcinoma subtypes of the cancer, in male and female patients, and in current and former smokers, as well as people who never smoked.Overall, the Telcyta combination was generally well tolerated. Median survival has not yet been reached, the biopharmaceutical company said. Shares of Telik were up 68 cents, or 4%, to $16.68 on the Nasdaq.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV