J&J Discs Face Backlash
Of course, Johnson & Johnson itself has been busy marketing its new offering as well. The company is currently targeting orthopedic surgeons, including Rosen, with offers of specialized training courses.
As soon as the implants won FDA approval, in fact, the company was already pledging to intensively train orthopedic surgeons -- at sites all over the country -- so that they could begin doing the new operations as soon as possible.
But Rosen, for one, will not be among them.
"I think there are going to be thousands and thousands of people who suffer failures and wind up in chronic pain with no solution for it," he says. "I don't know how anyone, in good conscience, could put these things in knowing the past history and the potential for so many failures. ... It's just money over everything else, and it's just cruel."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV