Early Stocks in Motion
Airspan Networks (AIRN) reported a loss of $2.9 million, or 8 cents a share, for the first quarter ended April 3, compared with a loss of $5.4 million, or 15 cents a share, a year ago. Revenue for the quarter was $22.2 million. Analysts expected a loss of 9 cents a share on revenue of $22.5 million, according to Thomson First Call. The stock was down 7 cents, or 1.36%, to $5.08 in after-hours trading.
Murphy Oil Corp (MUR) announced that its board declared a two-for-one stock split of its common stock. The split will be paid by way of a dividend of one share of stock for each share held. The distribution date for the dividend is June 3 to shareholders of record as on May 20. The stock was up 85 cents, or 0.94%, to $91.49 in after-hours trading.
Brinker International (EAT) said its same-store sales rose 3.7% in April. The company said the calendar shift of Easter from April to March this year had a positive impact of around 1% of comparable sales. For the fourth quarter, the company said it expects earnings of 67 cents to 68 cents a share. Wall Street is expecting 67 cents. The stock was up 19 cents, or 0.54%, to $35.53 in after-hours trading.
Napster (NAPS) reported a loss of $24.3 million, or 60 cents a share, for the fourth quarter ended March 31, compared with a loss of $6.56 million, or 20 cents a share a year ago. Revenue for the quarter was $17.4 million. Analysts expected a loss of 63 cents a share on revenue of $16.18 million, according to Thomson First Call. The stock was down 5 cents, or 1.08%, to $4.60 in after-hours trading.Giga-Tronics (GIGA) said it earned $203,000, or 4 cents a share, for the fourth quarter ended March 26, vs. a loss of $1.7 million, or 36 cents a share, a year ago. Revenue for the quarter was $5.3 million. The stock was up $1.39, or 35.55%, to $5.30 in after-hours trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV