ValueClick Beats Estimates
ValueClick (VCLK) beat first-quarter earnings targets Wednesday and guided toward solid gains for the year.
The Westlake Village, Calif., online marketing services company earned $8.7 million, or 10 cents a share, down from the year-ago profit of $13.4 million, or 16 cents a share. Year-ago earnings were boosted by a dime-a-share gain on the sale of a stake in a Japanese unit.
Revenue rose to $51.4 million from $38.7 million a year earlier. The numbers beat the Thomson First Call consensus estimate, which called for an 8-cent profit on sales of $49 million.
"Our multiple online marketing channel strategy helped drive 40 percent pro-forma organic revenue growth and a doubling of operating income year-over-year in the first quarter," said CEO James Zarley.The company also guided to an 8-cent second-quarter profit on sales of $52.5 million, matching the Wall Street earnings estimate and nudging the revenue guidance higher. The company guided to 2005 revenue of $218 million to $223 million, in line with the Wall Street target. ValueClick shares were unchanged in late action after adding 71 cents during regular trading Wednesday to $10.65.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV