Time Warner Worker Data Lost
Time Warner (TWX) joined the host of big U.S. companies warning that personal information has been lost on its watch.
The New York media giant said Monday that a container of its computer back-up tapes was lost by an unidentified outside data storage firm during shipment to one of that firm's storage facilities.
The missing tapes contained data including personal information on current and former Time Warner employees. The tapes didn't include personal data on Time Warner customers, the company said.
The company said the Secret Service is investigating and that so far there's no evidence that the tapes or their contents have been accessed or misused.The news comes in the wake of a rash of incidents in which personal information was stolen from or mistakenly divulged by big companies including Reed Elsevier (RUK) unit LexisNexis and Polo Ralph Lauren (RL). Time Warner rose 6 cents to $16.87 Monday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV