MGM Taking New Symbol
Shares of MGM Mirage (MGG) will begin trading under symbol MGM next Monday.
The Las Vegas casino operator announced the change Tuesday.
Just before the merger was completed, Mandalay sold its 53.5% interest in the MotorCity Casino in Detroit for about $525 million and placed into escrow its 50% interest in the Grand Victoria riverboat casino in Elgin, Ill. Both moves were required by state regulators.The merger creates what will be the world's second-largest casino company after Harrah's Entertainment (HET) completes its pending acquisition of Caesars Entertainment (CZR). MGM Mirage now owns and operates 24 hotel and casino properties in Nevada, Mississippi and Michigan and has investments in three other properties in Nevada, New Jersey and the U.K. The company has more than 70,000 employees. Shares were up $2.21, or 3.2%, at $71.61. Casino stocks rallied Tuesday, lifting the Dow Jones U.S. Gambling Index 2.1%, after Boyd Gaming (BYD) reported blowout first-quarter results Monday evening. Last week, MGM Mirage reported better-than-expected first-quarter results, and Harrah's Entertainment (HET) met Wall Street expectations after guiding sharply higher earlier in the month.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV