MGM Mirage to Close Mandalay Acquisition Soon
The last remaining hurdle for the $7.90 billion deal is Illinois regulatory approval. The Illinois Gaming Board plans to hold a hearing Thursday, and MGM Mirage executives say they're confident the board will give the merger a thumbs-up at the hearing.
The board will decide whether to allow the two casino companies to put Mandalay's Grand Victoria Casino in Elgin, Ill. into escrow while they await a new license for the property.
It would take another two business days -- until Monday -- to close the merger, said the executives, who were speaking in MGM Mirage's first-quarter earnings call.Until last month, the Illinois Gaming Board lacked enough members to conduct business. MGM Mirage
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV