Investor Types to Avoid
Editor's note: This is the continuation of a special collection of previously published investing lessons from RealMoney contributor and market strategist Barry Ritholtz.
Has this ever happened to you? You've been waiting to deploy some fresh capital . You've done your homework -- checked the charts , looked over the fundamentals . You are ready to make a buy.
But moments before you pull the trigger, someone casually mentions something negative about this new target. It could be a coworker or some talking head on TV. Regardless, you hesitate, decide to do some more research, just to be sure... and the next thing you know, your stock pick is off to the races -- without you.
All you can think is, thanks for nothing, buddy.
Apprenticed Investor: 6 Investor Types to Avoid
The Dirty Half-Dozen
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV