Tech Stocks in Motion
Shares of Intervoice (INTV) rose 9.6% after the company upped its fourth-quarter sales outlook and announced the early extinguishment of its debt. The data solutions company now expects sales of $48 million to $50 million, up from previous guidance of $45 million to $49 million. Analysts had been expecting sales of $47.4 million.
Intervoice also said that it paid off all of its debt obligations for its Dallas buildings and reduced the balance on its credit line to zero. "Cash flow from operations has been better than expected, allowing us to pay our debt down earlier than anticipated," the company said. Intervoice expects to release its fourth-quarter financial results on April 5. Shares traded up 96 cents to $11.
Other technology movers included Sun Microsystems (SUNW), up 5 cents to $4.08; Microsoft (MSFT), up 19 cents to $24.18; Oracle (ORCL), up 2 cents to $12.51; Intel (INTC), up 37 cents to $23.39; Cisco Systems (CSCO), down 17 cents to $17.75; Lucent Technologies (LU), down 3 cents to $2.71; Applied Materials (AMAT), up 40 cents to $16.21; Sirius Satellite Radio (SIRI), up 14 cents to $5.42; Apple Computer (AAPL), down 28 cents to $42.55; and eBay (EBAY), up 4 cents to $35.92.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV