MGM-Mandalay Merger Delayed
The companies said they now expect to close the $7.90 billion deal by June 30, up to three months later than previously forecast.
The casino operators noted that last week's appointments of new members to the Illinois Gaming Board allow the state body to review the merger. Previously, the board had lacked sufficient members to conduct business since last August, and before the recent appointments, Mandalay was expected to put its Illinois casino in escrow, allowing the merger to proceed without the state's approval.
Shares of MGM Mirage were off $2.26, or 3%, at $73.Mandalay shares fell only 26 cents, or 0.4%, to $70.50. The stock has proved resilient, because holders will receive $71 a share in cash when the merger closes. Also Wednesday, the company's announced
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV