MGM Mirage, Mandalay Sell Detroit Casino Stake
The two companies announced Wednesday that they will sell Mandalay's indirect 53.5% interest in the MotorCity Casino to an affiliate of investor Marian Ilitch, who already owns a 25% stake in the casino.
The purchase price for the casino is $525 million. The transaction will be completed immediately before the two companies close their merger, which they expect to do during the second quarter of this year.
MGM Mirage already owns the MGM Grand Detroit Casino. Michigan law prevents one operator from owning more than one casino in Detroit.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV