Competition Heats Up for International Game
With shares at their lows, other analysts are making the bull case for IGT. They acknowledge the company's recent market share erosion but contend that the worst news is over.
George Smith, an analyst at Davenport & Co., said the stock already reflected the market slowdown and heightened competitive pressures. What's more, he said IGT's strong balance sheet will enable it to react quickly to Aristocrat's challenge.
"IGT spends two to three times more on research and development than their closest peers," he said. "They generate about half a billion dollars annually in free cash flow. ... I don't think their market share's going to slip so far. When they lose ground in a specific area, they go after it with great vigor." Davenport's asset-management unit owns a position in IGT. The company does no banking business with IGT, and Smith owns no shares.
Smith rates IGT a buy and has a 12- to 18-month target price of $40.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV